Monday, June 28, 2010

Old man and me

I sited at outside the Dum Dum station area .Where some peoples waits for some one or take a rest for few minuets in the open air. There was a space to sit .But rail authority make a railing on this space. So it is to difficult to sit . Last day I was sited there and waiting f or Mamoni.Once a old man came. He looked around. He is around 80 years old. He sited besides me.

Old man: Here has a space for sitting. But ..

Me: yes. Don’t sit here.

Old man: Rail company build this for beautification. Look they have painted the wall.

Me: yes..

Old : Where do you lie?

Me: Cantonment.

Old: How is it?

Me: Now it is like town.

Old: I did not go yet. Now I am very much old. There is not strength to go. What do you do, do you service or student?

Me: Student.

Old: Where do you study?

Me: Rabindra Bharati University.

Old : Oh. Yes Rabindra Bharati Bishaw Bharati. My grand-daughter was want to study there for Bengali subject. But She admitted in saltlack for studying Hospital Management.

Me: Ok. Had you service or business ?

Old ; I was a service man. I retired last 20 years.

Now I live in my daughter’s house. Last some days I was very much ill. I was not like this. After my wife’s death last year I feel very much lonely. Who care me like my wife? Who give me food in time? Today my another grand daughter did not come with me for walking .She went withhis father to Kashipur Park. My Daughter’s husband is working in BSF .Kashipur park is a BSF park.I have only one daughterand one son.The son has a transferable job. So he do not stay here. When my ‘jamay’(daughter’s husband)’s family came to my daughter.They said that “my son will not live your house as a ‘gharjamay’. You decide what will you do?” I think patra is good. Why we are think our future. It’s my daughter’s future. The family is good. So we agreed to mirage. Now I am very much ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment